We’ve been busy seeking out the best new bikepacking storytelling and photography from around the world over the past six months, and in just a few weeks we’ll be launching the second issue of The Bikepacking Journal, our biannually printed publication. Cracking open this 148-page edition, you’ll discover another fresh collection of more than a dozen pedal-powered essays and stories.
This time around, we’re introducing some new voices, and we’ve also invited some familiar folks to come back to share another story. In this issue, we’re digging deeper into a range of themes and questions. How do we reconcile with failure? Do landscapes remember us? How would our experience of places change without our high-tech gear? Our contributors share their excitement for pedaling through locations as diverse as Tasmania, Ethiopia, and Oman, and they express profound appreciation for the natural beauty found in their own backyards in Scotland, North Dakota, and Alaska.
Please note that the cutoff date to join our Bikepacking Collective and have your membership start with Issue 02 is coming up on Wednesday, April 17th, at 11:59 pm EST. If you join after that, you’ll still be eligible for all the other membership benefits (like prize drawings and industry discounts), but your first issue will be The Bikepacking Journal 03 in October. Don’t miss out!
As we’ve expressed elsewhere, if you enjoy reading the site and think it’s a valuable resource, the single best thing you can to do support us is to join our Bikepacking Collective. Doing so guarantees you receive your two issues of The Bikepacking Journal each year. You can read some extended thoughts on why we need your support and where your money goes here. Our Bikepacking Collective members help ensure the future of the site and the journal, and we appreciate the backing from everyone who has already joined.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be announcing some exciting surprises related to the new issue, as well as a full list of stories and a handful of additional glimpses inside. Stay tuned for more. And if you’re ready to join and subscribe, you can do so via the link below. Thanks for your support!
Enjoy inspiring writing and breathtaking photographs, all in the full glory of print!
- Twice yearly – New issues are published in April and October of each year.
- Free shipping – Shipping from Berlin is on us, anywhere in the world.
- Carefully crafted – We’ve worked hard to create something beautiful and lasting.
- Limited edition – We print one copy for each of our members, and not many beyond that.
- Only in print – There’s nothing quite like savoring stories and images on paper.
- Truly independent – This project wouldn’t be possible without our members.
- Issue 02 deadline is April 17 (11:59 pm EST); become a member now to reserve your copy. If you’re already a member, look for it in your mailbox in early May.