The inaugural issue of The Bikepacking Journal is bursting with over a dozen pedal-powered stories and essays that span 148 colorful pages. From remote fjords in Greenland, to muddy passes in the Andes Mountains, to dusty roads in South Africa, we’ve searched the globe for the best writing and most beautiful photographs captured from the saddle of a bicycle. We invite you to join our contributors as they share the stories of the many interesting people they’ve encountered while riding, reflect on what they’ve learned along the way, and offer intimate glimpses of some of our planet’s most beautiful places. We’re thrilled to finally bring this publication to life, and we hope you’ll enjoy reading our first issue as much as we’ve enjoyed putting it together.
Stories in Issue 01:
Observing the Arctic from the land and the sea by Huw Oliver.
Fight or Flight
Pedaling and paddling through the Pamir Mountains by Steve Fassbinder.
The mind in the mountains by Mark Watson.
Sisters in the Wild
Some thoughts on how to power the pedals by Cass Gilbert.
On the road
The French Divide
Under African Skies
Reflections on a journey from Cape Town by Cairo by Ben Page.
Warm Welcome, Hot Tea
Enjoy inspiring writing and breathtaking photographs, all in the full glory of print!
- Twice yearly – New issues are published in March and October of each year.
- Free shipping – Shipping from Berlin is on us, anywhere in the world.
- Carefully crafted – We’ve worked hard to create something beautiful and lasting.
- Limited edition – We print one copy for each of our members, and not many beyond that.
- Only in print – There’s nothing quite like savoring stories and images on paper.
- Truly independent – This project wouldn’t be possible without our members.
- Issue 01 is sold out as of October 17 (7 pm EST); sign up now to reserve your copy of issue 02.