Post-ride Beer: Cowboy in Black
Last week VA and I pet/house-sitted in Raleigh, NC and checked out some Triangle Area singletrack while we were there (I’d recommend the New Light Trails). While in Rome we also imbibed some tasty local brews.
I had heard a few good mumblings about LoneRider, a local Raleigh brewery and decided to pick up their limited edition Cowboy In Black black IPA. CIB has a small bitter roasted citrus aroma with a very nice creamy texture that’s not too heavy with nice carbonation. It pours almost black with a saddle tan head. The roasted malts definitely hit the palette first, followed by a nice undercurrent of piney hops with slight citrus and then it finishes coffee-bitter. This beer, although honestly aggressive, is a wonderful balance of roasted bitter chocolaty smoothness and layered hops. I gulped a bomber down pretty quick and already miss it.
New in plog
- Mar 20, 2017Lost Coast North
- Mar 14, 2017Baja Divide: A Film by Tales on Tyres
- Feb 24, 2017Announcing the Pipedream A.L.I.C.E. Adventure Bike
- Feb 23, 2017Cape Wrath by Fatbike and Packraft
- Feb 21, 2017Do’s and Don’ts on the Appalachian Beer Trail