Post-ride Beer: Cowboy in Black
Last week VA and I pet/house-sitted in Raleigh, NC and checked out some Triangle Area singletrack while we were there (I’d recommend the New Light Trails). While in Rome we also imbibed some tasty local brews.
I had heard a few good mumblings about LoneRider, a local Raleigh brewery and decided to pick up their limited edition Cowboy In Black black IPA. CIB has a small bitter roasted citrus aroma with a very nice creamy texture that’s not too heavy with nice carbonation. It pours almost black with a saddle tan head. The roasted malts definitely hit the palette first, followed by a nice undercurrent of piney hops with slight citrus and then it finishes coffee-bitter. This beer, although honestly aggressive, is a wonderful balance of roasted bitter chocolaty smoothness and layered hops. I gulped a bomber down pretty quick and already miss it.
New in plog
- Apr 24, 2019Saving Our Public Lands, Protect Our Playgrounds (Part 1 and 2)
- Apr 24, 2019Introducing the Bikes or Death Podcast
- Apr 11, 2019Over The Top: The Wayfarer Centenary Weekend
- Apr 5, 2019Climate Cycle: Riding for Change
- Apr 1, 2019Hot & Bothied (Film)