Post-ride Beer: Cowboy in Black
Last week VA and I pet/house-sitted in Raleigh, NC and checked out some Triangle Area singletrack while we were there (I’d recommend the New Light Trails). While in Rome we also imbibed some tasty local brews.
I had heard a few good mumblings about LoneRider, a local Raleigh brewery and decided to pick up their limited edition Cowboy In Black black IPA. CIB has a small bitter roasted citrus aroma with a very nice creamy texture that’s not too heavy with nice carbonation. It pours almost black with a saddle tan head. The roasted malts definitely hit the palette first, followed by a nice undercurrent of piney hops with slight citrus and then it finishes coffee-bitter. This beer, although honestly aggressive, is a wonderful balance of roasted bitter chocolaty smoothness and layered hops. I gulped a bomber down pretty quick and already miss it.
New in plog
- Feb 20, 2019Raising Riders: From Passengers to Partners on the Baja Divide
- Feb 20, 2019Wild Horses: The Silk Road Mountain Race (Film)
- Feb 8, 2019Route Report: Georgia’s Caucasus Crossing
- Feb 7, 2019La Ruta Mala (Video)
- Feb 6, 2019Camp Local: Building a Bikepacking Community