Post-ride Beer: Cowboy in Black
Last week VA and I pet/house-sitted in Raleigh, NC and checked out some Triangle Area singletrack while we were there (I’d recommend the New Light Trails). While in Rome we also imbibed some tasty local brews.
I had heard a few good mumblings about LoneRider, a local Raleigh brewery and decided to pick up their limited edition Cowboy In Black black IPA. CIB has a small bitter roasted citrus aroma with a very nice creamy texture that’s not too heavy with nice carbonation. It pours almost black with a saddle tan head. The roasted malts definitely hit the palette first, followed by a nice undercurrent of piney hops with slight citrus and then it finishes coffee-bitter. This beer, although honestly aggressive, is a wonderful balance of roasted bitter chocolaty smoothness and layered hops. I gulped a bomber down pretty quick and already miss it.
New in plog
- Dec 7, 20162016 Bikepacking Awards: Film, Photography & Art.
- Dec 5, 2016Not Far From Home
- Nov 21, 2016Lavanya Pant Receives the First Women’s Bikepacking Scholarship
- Nov 21, 2016Cold Blood in John’s Canyon
- Nov 17, 2016Out There: Laura & Katie in The Great Basin