Post-ride Beer: Burial-Pisgah Cemetery Gates
Named after a Pantera song, Cemetery Gates was a complex concoction that made a perfect post-ride beer after a rock-strewn widow-maker downhill in Pisgah.
Day two of five was our main beer tasting day during a recent bikepacking trip through Pisgah. After a nice ride on Kitsuma, a long tarmac voyage through Asheville, and a stop at Wicked Weed Brewery, we pedaled a few hundred yards and saddled up to the bar at the lauded Burial Beer Co. While there we were treated to great company and an after hours tasting that included the epic Wrecking Bar Black Saison, and the Gandasa Imperial IPA. On the way out Tim, their mad scientist head brewer (shown above), handed us a bomber of Cemetery Gates, a Belgian IPA born from Burial’s collaboration with Pisgah Brewing. The rest in photo captions:
New in plog
- Dec 7, 20162016 Bikepacking Awards: Film, Photography & Art.
- Dec 5, 2016Not Far From Home
- Nov 21, 2016Lavanya Pant Receives the First Women’s Bikepacking Scholarship
- Nov 21, 2016Cold Blood in John’s Canyon
- Nov 17, 2016Out There: Laura & Katie in The Great Basin