Post-Huracan Beer: Stone Enjoy By IPA
A devastatingly fresh double IPA after a long ride on the incredible Huracan 300 bikepacking route in central Florida…
I have been waiting to try this beer for a couple weeks now. It’s only available for a short window, bottled on 11.21.14 and purposefully created with an expiration date, 12.26.14. I was fairly confident that it would be good, as are most Stone brews. So I slated it as post-ride refreshment after tackling the challenging Huracan 300 route.
The Huracan 300 Challenge is a self-supported race that’s considered the ULTIMATE OFF-ROAD ENDURANCE EXPERIENCE in the state of Florida. I followed the 2014 route for a couple of days (I’ll have much more on the route soon) and here are a couple of teaser shots:
After a final day of riding that culminated with a painful road ride during hefty rainstorm, the Enjoy By IPA was a much needed refresher for soothing sore muscles. It didn’t fall short of expectations. This is a big and floral double IPA with a fresh taste and notes of grassy citrus and piney hops. Go get one.
New in plog
- Jul 31, 2018Bikepacker Seeking Overnight Companion
- Jul 30, 2018A Multiday Bikepacking Adventure in Idaho (Video)
- Jul 27, 2018Organized Chaos: Running The World’s Toughest Bike Race
- Jul 18, 20182018 Swift Solstice Campout
- Jul 6, 2018Yuto Watanabe on the Grand Staircase Loop