James Knowles: A Mountain Journal Short
A wonderful video tribute that shares the story of James Knowles, a Scottish mountain biker who suffered a great tragedy and made the best of the situation…
Somehow this one missed our radar earlier this year — while out riding no doubt. But never too late, here is a wonderful AlpKit mountain short from James Knowles, a Scottish mountain biker based in Innerleithen. James lost his best friend in 2011 on one of his first cycling adventures along the West Highland Way, hit by a car whilst riding the final stage. Along with a group of friends James built a bothy in memory of Murray in the Scottish Borders. This Mountain Journal short looks at how he moved beyond the loss of his friend to build a life in one of the mountain biking capitals of the UK, relishing the freedom, contentment and companionship they can bring.
Everyone likes winning… but things run their course. That’s what life is isn’t it, a mix.”
Director: Dom Bush
New in plog
- Jan 18, 2017Introducing Tumbleweed Bicycle Co: Meet the Prospector
- Jan 4, 2017Industry Nine: Local Metal.
- Dec 28, 2016The Colorado Trail Race: A Self-Powered Adventure
- Dec 27, 2016R.I.P. The Bicycle Story
- Dec 26, 2016James Knowles: A Mountain Journal Short