James Knowles: A Mountain Journal Short
A wonderful video tribute that shares the story of James Knowles, a Scottish mountain biker who suffered a great tragedy and made the best of the situation…
Somehow this one missed our radar earlier this year — while out riding no doubt. But never too late, here is a wonderful AlpKit mountain short from James Knowles, a Scottish mountain biker based in Innerleithen. James lost his best friend in 2011 on one of his first cycling adventures along the West Highland Way, hit by a car whilst riding the final stage. Along with a group of friends James built a bothy in memory of Murray in the Scottish Borders. This Mountain Journal short looks at how he moved beyond the loss of his friend to build a life in one of the mountain biking capitals of the UK, relishing the freedom, contentment and companionship they can bring.
Everyone likes winning… but things run their course. That’s what life is isn’t it, a mix.”
Director: Dom Bush
New in plog
- Jun 23, 2017Idaho Hot Springs Loop: The Most Interesting Bikepacking Video Ever?
- Jun 21, 2017High Altitude Lines
- Jun 14, 2017Bikepacking Trans Germany (Video)
- Jun 12, 2017Instruments of Adventure
- Jun 11, 2017Tuscany Trail 2017: White roads and red wines (film)