Ixtapan de la Sal to Taxco, etc.
This is actually a combination of what would normally be a couple of posts. Mike’s computer bit the dust so he couldn’t get his Ixtapan > Taxco photos up… so here we are a week or so later not having WiFi for a bit…
After a couple of days in Ixtapan, we took off on an impromptu route over some amazing and scenic double-track dirt roads. After a day of grueling climbs we made it to Taxco. I swear at one point there were vultures circling us as we climbed 1,500 feet out of a river valley in sweltering heat. It was mutually agreed that Taxco proved to be one of the most beautiful cities any of us have ever seen.
After 3 days there we set the wheels to the road again and visited the amazing Grutas de Cacahuamilpa. This NationalPark is home to one of the largest cave systems in the world. From the Grutas, which are basically in the middle of nowhere, we took on several long days in the saddle and some bizarre campsites. Here are some photos to tell the story:
New in plog
- Aug 17, 2018Blackburn’s Water Cycle Chapter 2: Ocean
- Jul 31, 2018Bikepacker Seeking Overnight Companion
- Jul 30, 2018A Multiday Bikepacking Adventure in Idaho (Video)
- Jul 27, 2018Organized Chaos: Running The World’s Toughest Bike Race
- Jul 18, 20182018 Swift Solstice Campout