Ixtapan de la Sal to Taxco, etc.
This is actually a combination of what would normally be a couple of posts. Mike’s computer bit the dust so he couldn’t get his Ixtapan > Taxco photos up… so here we are a week or so later not having WiFi for a bit…
After a couple of days in Ixtapan, we took off on an impromptu route over some amazing and scenic double-track dirt roads. After a day of grueling climbs we made it to Taxco. I swear at one point there were vultures circling us as we climbed 1,500 feet out of a river valley in sweltering heat. It was mutually agreed that Taxco proved to be one of the most beautiful cities any of us have ever seen.
After 3 days there we set the wheels to the road again and visited the amazing Grutas de Cacahuamilpa. This NationalPark is home to one of the largest cave systems in the world. From the Grutas, which are basically in the middle of nowhere, we took on several long days in the saddle and some bizarre campsites. Here are some photos to tell the story:
New in plog
- Jun 23, 2017Idaho Hot Springs Loop: The Most Interesting Bikepacking Video Ever?
- Jun 21, 2017High Altitude Lines
- Jun 14, 2017Bikepacking Trans Germany (Video)
- Jun 12, 2017Instruments of Adventure
- Jun 11, 2017Tuscany Trail 2017: White roads and red wines (film)