By definition, distance is a numerical description of how far apart things are; but it may also represent a span of time, a departure from normality, or the idea of pushing what is possible…
When we began our trip through Africa, I was amazed by the perceived largeness of everything there. Mountains, valleys, and landscapes seemed overwhelmingly vast. The spaces in between things were exaggerated unlike anywhere I’ve travelled, almost as if the rules of physics had been bent. Here are 4 videos to help put a little distance between you and your to-do list this Friday:
Fix the Iceland on Vimeo
Going the distance is often about pushing what is possible, both physically and mentally. These guys rode fixies across the rugged and empty desert of Iceland. Need I say more.
Lucas Brunelle goes to Africa on Vimeo
Sometimes it’s about putting distance between yourself and your place of comfort.
The Bus – A Journey Up North
These guys definitely go the extra mile to do it their own way… and they do a lot of it.
NYC to GSC on Vimeo
Distance may simply be perceived as the space between opposite ends.
New in plog
- Dec 14, 2018Not Quite Out of the Woods
- Dec 13, 20182018 Bikepacking Awards: Film, Photography & Art
- Dec 10, 2018Fat Tyres and Friluftsliv: Bikepacking Lapland
- Dec 7, 2018Bumbling Through Bikepacking: A Beginner’s Perspective
- Dec 6, 2018El Silencio: The Film, the Bikes, and the Backstory