By definition, distance is a numerical description of how far apart things are; but it may also represent a span of time, a departure from normality, or the idea of pushing what is possible…
When we began our trip through Africa, I was amazed by the perceived largeness of everything there. Mountains, valleys, and landscapes seemed overwhelmingly vast. The spaces in between things were exaggerated unlike anywhere I’ve travelled, almost as if the rules of physics had been bent. Here are 4 videos to help put a little distance between you and your to-do list this Friday:
Fix the Iceland on Vimeo
Going the distance is often about pushing what is possible, both physically and mentally. These guys rode fixies across the rugged and empty desert of Iceland. Need I say more.
Lucas Brunelle goes to Africa on Vimeo
Sometimes it’s about putting distance between yourself and your place of comfort.
The Bus – A Journey Up North
These guys definitely go the extra mile to do it their own way… and they do a lot of it.
NYC to GSC on Vimeo
Distance may simply be perceived as the space between opposite ends.
New in plog
- Feb 20, 2019Raising Riders: From Passengers to Partners on the Baja Divide
- Feb 20, 2019Wild Horses: The Silk Road Mountain Race (Film)
- Feb 8, 2019Route Report: Georgia’s Caucasus Crossing
- Feb 7, 2019La Ruta Mala (Video)
- Feb 6, 2019Camp Local: Building a Bikepacking Community