Chronic Wetness: Fatbiking Alaska’s Gulf Coast
You won’t find any dropbars, skinny tires, or cut-off jorts (jean-shorts, to the uninitiated) in this video. These are two real deal bikepackers exploring some of the raddest and most tumultuous terrain on earth.
Way back when Surly’s Endomorphs were the coolest thing ever, Dylan Kentch and Eric Parsons – founder and ringleader of Revelate Designs – set out on a pioneering fat bike-packrafting trip along the remote Gulf Coast of Alaska. This was a big deal at the time and as Eric says, “… shaped many things to come.” Fast forward eight years… Eric has wrangled footage shot at the time and compiled it into the classic cut below. As he states, there’s “No cinematic greatness here – just some quality, honest, adventure shit.” … complete with some good music, I might add. Watch the video below or see the original post at RevelateDesigns.com.
Photos and video by Eric Parsons
I’m gonna float in the middle of that shit? Oh my god, I don’t think so. Crazy. It’s an ocean, with a current, and a glacier… are you kidding me?”
New in plog
- Aug 17, 2018Blackburn’s Water Cycle Chapter 2: Ocean
- Jul 31, 2018Bikepacker Seeking Overnight Companion
- Jul 30, 2018A Multiday Bikepacking Adventure in Idaho (Video)
- Jul 27, 2018Organized Chaos: Running The World’s Toughest Bike Race
- Jul 18, 20182018 Swift Solstice Campout