Bikepacking Ireland: The Luck of The Dew
Follow Kona’s Dr. Dew on a trip through a land frozen in time, with stone walls that checker the hillside, sheep that run wild, dramatic cliffs and single lane gravel “roads” that disappear over the rolling countryside.
For their latest installment of ‘The Dew Files’, Kona sent their intrepid wanderer to Ireland for a St. Patrick’s day exploit. Rather than letting Dr. Dew loose to partake in the revelry and libations in Dublin, Kona put him on a fully loaded Sutra LTD to explore the quiet and picturesque backdrop of the Emerald Isle far from the Blarney Stone kissing tourists. From the video footage and photos below, you’ll discover that Ireland truly delivers the right amount of ‘magic’ for a great bikepacking adventure.
May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been, the foresight to know where you’re going, and the hindsight to know when you’re going too far.” – Irish Proverb
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields…” – Irish Proverb
New in plog
- Dec 14, 2018Not Quite Out of the Woods
- Dec 13, 20182018 Bikepacking Awards: Film, Photography & Art
- Dec 10, 2018Fat Tyres and Friluftsliv: Bikepacking Lapland
- Dec 7, 2018Bumbling Through Bikepacking: A Beginner’s Perspective
- Dec 6, 2018El Silencio: The Film, the Bikes, and the Backstory