Bikepacking the GR5 With TRPN
420 miles, countless passes, every night in a bivvy bag, and endless climbs with incredible views. Watch as the crew from TRPN tackles the ultimate cross-Alps adventure, the GR5 from Geneva to Nice…
The GR5 is a Grande Ranndonée footpath that starts in the Netherlands, crosses Belgium and Luxembourg, and dips in to Switzerland before its passage through France from north to south. It is part of the European walking route E2. The GR5 is most famous for its traverse of the French Alps from Lake Geneva to Nice, which is exactly what the this group from TRPN (Trippin) did. Perhaps a little more shreddy* than you’re used to here at BIKEPACKING.com, but we’ve had this section of the GR5 pegged in the back of mind for quite some time. And the fellas at TRPN did an excellent job at showing its grandeur.
*And remember kids, no need to skid.
New in plog
- Oct 16, 2018Chasing Wild: A Journey Into The Sacred Headwaters
- Oct 12, 2018El Grupo Bikepacking Has Begun!
- Oct 10, 2018Inside Why Cycles: The State of Titanium
- Oct 10, 2018Yorkshire Grit (video)
- Sep 27, 2018Swift Industries Headquarters: As Cool As You’d Think