Bikepacking the GR5 With TRPN
420 miles, countless passes, every night in a bivvy bag, and endless climbs with incredible views. Watch as the crew from TRPN tackles the ultimate cross-Alps adventure, the GR5 from Geneva to Nice…
The GR5 is a Grande Ranndonée footpath that starts in the Netherlands, crosses Belgium and Luxembourg, and dips in to Switzerland before its passage through France from north to south. It is part of the European walking route E2. The GR5 is most famous for its traverse of the French Alps from Lake Geneva to Nice, which is exactly what the this group from TRPN (Trippin) did. Perhaps a little more shreddy* than you’re used to here at BIKEPACKING.com, but we’ve had this section of the GR5 pegged in the back of mind for quite some time. And the fellas at TRPN did an excellent job at showing its grandeur.
*And remember kids, no need to skid.
New in plog
- Jul 31, 2018Bikepacker Seeking Overnight Companion
- Jul 30, 2018A Multiday Bikepacking Adventure in Idaho (Video)
- Jul 27, 2018Organized Chaos: Running The World’s Toughest Bike Race
- Jul 18, 20182018 Swift Solstice Campout
- Jul 6, 2018Yuto Watanabe on the Grand Staircase Loop