8bar in The High Atlas, Morocco
8bar took an eight day bikepacking trip through the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco and made this film along the way. Click for photos and a map of their route…
Max Baginski (Project Manager at 8bar bikes), Stefan Schott (Founder of 8bar bikes), and Stefan Haehnel (Freelance photographer and filmmaker) set out on an eight day trip in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco. Along the way they made this short film and took a wealth of photos…
The 8bar team started and finished their loop in Marrakesh, which lies about 50 kilometers north of the Atlas Mountains. The idea behind the trip was to first cross the mountains straight to the south and ride along the southern slope before crossing the range once again to point back towards Marrakesh. They planned their route on gravel and dirt tracks, as well as paved roads with as little traffic as possible. Ultimately they covered 840 kilometers and an overall altitude gain of 12,000 meters.
For more on their adventure, check out the 8bar blog posts here.
New in plog
- Dec 10, 2018Fat Tyres and Friluftsliv: Bikepacking Lapland
- Dec 7, 2018Bumbling Through Bikepacking: A Beginner’s Perspective
- Dec 6, 2018El Silencio: The Film, the Bikes, and the Backstory
- Dec 5, 2018Randi Jo Fabrications: Small Trailer, Big Heart
- Dec 3, 2018From The Doorstep (film)