Posted by Logan Watts
The original RoadLink derailleur hanger extension offsets the position of a road derailleur and enables it to work with a wide-range mountain bike style 36 or 40t cassette. RoadLink is often used for converting road or cyclocross drivetrains to a single front chainring without sacrificing too much gear range, or to add a granny gear that’s tolerable on steep hills when touring or bikepacking with an additional load.
Just released, the RoadLink DM (Direct Mount) is the latest in Wolf Tooth’s RoadLink/GoatLink line of derailleur optimization products. The DM version fits Shimano’s current generation R8000 Ultegra and R9100 Dura-Ace rear derailleurs. Like Wolf Tooth’s MTB-focused GoatLink, the RoadLink DM is slightly longer than Shimano’s stock Direct Mount derailleur link and effectively moves the rear derailleur outward to allow for a larger cassette. And, according to Wolf Tooth, RoadLink and GoatLink can even improve shifting. Each Wolf Tooth RoadLink and GoatLink are designed to maintain near-factory levels of chain wrap and shifting performance with the cassettes specified.
RoadLink DM Compatibility
- Compatible with Shimano R9100-generation Dura-Ace and R8000-generation Ultegra rear derailleurs
- Compatible with standard derailleur hangers only
- Direct mount hangers not supported
- Optimized for use with 11-36t, 11-40t, 11-42t 11-speed cassettes
- Will improve performance 10-42t 11-speed cassettes—but not to factory levels
- Weight 20g
- Weight increase 8g compared to stock derailleur
- Material CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum with stainless steel hardware
- Color Type II anodized in black
- Place of Manufacture Minneapolis, MN USA
- Price $27.95
Wolf Tooth’s RoadLink DM is CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum at Wolf Tooth’s new facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Learn more at WolfToothComponents.com.