Posted by Guest
The Cargo Bib Shorts, part of Rapha’s Brevet collection, are their first pair of bibs to include pockets, allowing for on-the-go access to essential items. While most of us on the BIKEPACKING.com team gravitate toward baggier shorts for long days in the saddle, it’s hard to argue with the practicality of having pockets on both legs and on the upper back, particularly for riders who are already accustomed to riding in bib shorts. We envision these as a welcome addition to any ultra racer’s kit.
With a retail price of $270 USD, the new Rapha Cargo Bib Shorts are priced in the middle of Rapha’s current range of cycling bibs, though they’re unquestionably priced on the high end of what’s available in the wider market. The Cargo Bib Shorts are only available for men, but according to Rapha, a women’s version is currently under development. For the initial launch, they’re being offered in three different colorways: Black, Dark Grey, and Dark Navy.
Rapha constructed the Cargo Bib Shorts from what they’re calling Shadow material, a new fabric they claim sheds precipitation, dries quickly, and remains comfortable at temperatures up to 86°F (30°C). Invariably style conscious, Rapha designed the pockets to sit flush with the bibs when not in use to maintain a streamlined look.
- Leg pockets with secure stretch closure keep small items to hand
- Back pockets mean you can forego the usual jersey
- Two reflective stripes on both legs
- Reflective stripe on the back of the shorts, ideally positioned for visibility on the road
- Lower front yoke makes for easier toilet breaks
- Same comfortable upper as Brevet Bib Shorts, with added stripe detail
- Proven Brevet chamois pad, perforated to dry quickly, tested for long distance comfort
- Comfortable Brevet fit suitable for long days in the saddle