Posted by Logan Watts
Designed, welded, and painted in the USA, Fat Chance claims their new mixed-terrain machine is “capable of crushing your local CX race or gravel grinding your way through the mountains and beyond”.
Built from a mix of Columbus and Reynolds 853 tubing, the Fat Chance Chris Cross features oversized chainstays and curved seatstays to allow ample room for 700x40c or 650b x 2.1” tires, the latter being what piqued my interest — with a ‘Yo Adventure Rigid’ steel battle axe, boss-encrusted fork.
Fat Chance Chris Cross Features:
- Frame: Custom mix of Columbus and Reynolds 853 tubing
- Head tube: Tapered 44/34 head tube
- Brake mounts: Flat mount rear brake
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- 4 Fork options: ENVE, Ritchey CX, TRP, and Yo Eddy steel
- Clearance: up to 700 x 44mm, 650b x 2.1″
- BB: 68mm BSA (english threaded)
- Rear-end: 142×12 rear thru axle
- MSRP: $2195.00
More about the Fat Chance Chris Cross at FatChance.bike … also, how about that Yo Eddy 2.2: