Posted by Logan Watts
Michigan-based Bearclaw Bicycle Co claims its recently announced Beaux Jaxon is “the first drop-bar bicycle in the history of drop-bar bikes to accept 27.5 x 3.0″ and 29 x 2.6″ tires while maintaining true all-road geometry.” They don’t think of it as a mountain bike with drop-bars; instead, it’s an all-road bike with mountain bike tires. Either way, we’ve added it to our big Gear Index of 29″ drop-bar Mountain Bikes. Here are a few pics, the specs, and geometry chart.
- 148x12mm Boost thru-axle frame
- 100x15mm RAMHORN fork
- Fits up to 27.5×3 or 29×2.6 tires
- 3 sets of three-pack bottle mounts on the frame
- 2 sets of three-pack bottle mounts on the Ramhorn fork
- Rack and fender mounts
- Flat mount brake mounts
- “Ultradistance Gravel Friendly Geometry. (UGFG)
- 73mm BSA Standard Bottom Bracket
- Full-external cable routing
- Dropper post routing (external down tube – internal seat tube)
- 3AL-2.5V double-butted titanium frame
- 6AL-4V billet head tube, bb, dropouts, derailleur hanger, and chainstay plate
According to their website, the Bearclaw Beaux Jaxon will have two builds available starting at $3890. Both based around the Beaux Jaxon Ti 3AL-2.5V ALL-ROAD frame and the RAMHORN gravel+ fork. expect availability early February-ish.